Classroom and Behavior Management Trainings Available
Below you will find a list of Trainings and the basics that each of those trainings cover. These are available to you for the staff at your school or to small groups of teachers who would like to band together to get training designed around their needs. I often tweak trainings to fit with your specific situation. Please let us know if any of these are of interest to you, or if we can create something new that would suit your needs better.
Working with Children with Challenging Behaviors
- Observation and documentation: what exactly is happening? What happens before that?
- Identifying the behavior or behaviors
- Target the behavior
- Involve the parent
- Make your plan
- Walk your plan
- What’s next?
Working with Children with Disabilities
- Identifying: “Something is not right”
- Speech Delay
- Autism and spectrum disorders
- How to talk to parents
- How to work with the system
- How to create an inclusive classroom
Ways to grow social and emotional health
- CSEFEL social stories and emotion words
- Dina School
- DIY Three Bees
- Yoga for kids
Working with Difficult People
The Rhythm of Working Together (Team Building)
- How does Rhythm effect our work?
- Different kinds of rhythm throughout the day
- Which rhythms do not serve you and those around you
- The rhythms that do support you
- Drum and percussion circle to help staff to focus on and feel rhythm (and because it’s fun)
Governing your own Calm (Stress Management)
- Discovering effects of stress on each participant’s body
- Establish desire for change
- Try out different solutions for each participant and see which works best.
- Creating the best environment to support each person’s calm
- Working together to support and improve the environments.
- Being aware of the cultures and traditions of those you work with
- Being aware of cultures and traditions of those you serve
- What to do with your awareness
- Creating a dialog; because no matter how much you might think everything is ok, it’s likely not.